The health and safety of our staff and patrons is our number one priority. For this reason we have chosen to close Serenity by the sea Spa until further notice.
During this closure we will continue sharing Serenity Moments with you to include exercises you can do in your home, stress relief tips and advice for make up, skin care and more!
Always start with a five-minute warm-up prior to doing these exercises, such as a brisk walk in place or around your home. We recommend doing four rounds of 15 reps each. Be sure to hydrate between each round!
Exercises with a Fit Ball
- Lower Back
- Abs and Obliques
- One Legged Squats
- Push Ups
Exercises with a Bosu Ball
Bosu Burpees — Beginner
- Step back, no push-up.
Bosu Burpees — Advanced
- Jump back, full push up.
Bosu Plank — Beginner
- Hold for 60 seconds.
Bosu Side Lung Hop Up — Beginner
- Slow paced, longer lunges.
Bosu Side Lung Hop Up — Advanced
- Quick pace, actively hopping between each leg.
Bosu Mountain Climbers — Beginner
- Bring each knee into your chest slowly.
Bosu Mountain Climbers — Advanced
- Alternate knee to chest quickly.
Benefits of Eucalyptus
Eucalyptus oil is an essential oil that can be purchased at your local drug store. It’s used in steam rooms and baths worldwide and provides a variety of benefits. If you have some eucalyptus oil in your home, place a few drops in a warm bath or add some to a steaming pot of hot water and inhale the steam from a safe distance. Doing so will provide the benefits below:
- Stimulating: removes exhaustion and mental sluggishness and rejuvenates. It is also effective in treating stress and mental disorders.
- Relaxes muscles: helps eliminate lactic acid build-up and eases muscle tension and pain.
- Aids in sleep and deep relaxation of the body and mind.
- Aids in the decrease of asthmatic conditions removes mucus and toxins from the lungs.
- Opens nasal pathways and dilates airways for deeper breathing.
- Opens skin and pores flushing out dirt and toxins that pollute your skin.
- Hydrates your skin, reducing signs of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves the immune system.
- Eucalyptus oil is known for it's antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic and stimulating properties.